St Vincent de Paul
Many parishioners may be surprised to learn how much assistance the CCOP conference of the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul (SVDP) gives every week to people in-need in Pleasanton.
The conference is a group of parish volunteers who to provide food, shelter, gas money and/or help paying utility bills for needy people in Pleasanton: the goal is to provide the type of assistance that can best help get that individual or family through a difficult period in their lives. In 2014, the chapter spent $31,000 on its clients – money donated by parishioners through several special collections for SVDP throughout the year.
In a typical week, 6 to 8 families or individuals (and on some weeks many more) will call the parish office asking for some sort of help. SVDP team members meet with the individuals, learn about their situations and needs, and determine how best to help them. A key aspect of the Society charter is to provide respectful, person-to-person assistance. The conference may provide a motel room stay for someone who is homeless, provide Safeway gift cards for people who need food or gas, or help people pay their delinquent utility bills or rent.
Click Here for full article.
|The Beginning of Mass (Introductory Rites)|
|The Readings from the Bible (Liturgy of the Word)|
|Prayers at the Altar (Liturgy of the Eucharist)|
|Going to Communion(Communion Rite and Dismissal)|
Faith Formation 2015-2016 Fall Registration is Monday, August 24!
It’s that time of year again - Registration for the 2015/2016 Faith Formation Year! Registration will be held in St. Augustine’s Hall. Mark your calendars now:
Monday, August 24: Noon - 7:00 pmPlease note:
- You must be a registered parishioner of CCOP to enroll your children in Faith Formation.
- You must provide a baptismal certificate for each child at the time of registration, even if they were baptized at CCOP, unless you have previously done so.
- NO REGISTRATION FORMS WILL BE ACCEPTED BY MAIL.
- Families who are new to the Family Program must meet with the coordinator as a part of the registration process. Please contact the Faith Formation Office for more details.
- The format of the Elementary Program has changed. Please contact the Faith Formation Office for more details.
1st Wednesdays at Main St.
The Catholic Community of Pleasanton has a booth at downtown Pleasanton's First Wednesday Summer Street Fair.
Please visit our booth between 6:00 PM and 9:00 PM every First Wednesday. One of our choirs performs and our teens provide face painting for the kids. We talk to people about our Church and our faith. It's a non-threatening way to begin sharing our faith!
Mark your calendars to visit the CCOP booth (near Dean's Cafe on Main Street) every First Wednesday from May to September!
Updates on Past
Town Hall Meetings
Here are the slides from past Town Hall meetings.